Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happiness

Below is a great way of reaching Happiness, where I have been trying and successfully implementing into my goals and daily living exercises.

Homesteading Self Sufficiency Survival - https://www.facebook.com/HomesteadingSelfSufficiencySurvival

The areas where I am needing to work on the most are
  •  Giving up my self defeating self  talk - where I have learned to snap a elastic band which I wear and say STOP in my hear or if I am alone out loud.
  • Give the the need to impress others - this will he the most difficult because I have the habit of wanting everyone to like me, even with my different opinions and out look in life.
  • Give up living my life to other people expectation - basically the same as the one above which limits me in talking with others and even making new friends
I have accomplished a few of the above which has made ma a happier person and sharing it with others through my actions.

  • Giving my need to be always right - I started establishing this in my life with the help of my husband, step-son and my closest friends.  I admit that it is still a struggle sometimes with new people I meet or others that I am still getting to know. However, I remember that being open to others will help me broaden my own knowledge base and how I can incorporate it with what I know already.
  • Give up my resistance to change - This is something that I recently started by picking my self up after some difficult days and learn from what happened and continue to grow within these new and old challenges.  Plus I am accepting that it is ok to have a positive and happy life.
  • Give up Labels - This was one of the easiest changes that I have done in my life because I am not my illnesses and disorders but what I have accomplished in my lfe and not just my mental health diagnoses, diabetes and arthritis.  Focusing my life around my beliefs, values, vision of the future which will help me grow and become a whole person.
I am always working on many things to help me become Happy Daily as a regular routine, even if that day has negative parts, I am able to smile and know that it will better ant that their is a light at the end of the dark tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment