Thursday, March 14, 2013

Diabetes (type I) Support

I recently joined a support group for diabetic with a mental illness and even at the first meeting found that it was perfect time for me to join one. Like the diabetic classes I've attended the majority of the people there had either type II or pre-diabetes and two of us had type one diabetes. I was thinking that this was giving me the opportunity to find on-line support or helping others see the benefits in participating with other peers who have diabetes.  So have fun looking at the support options out there, just warning many are in Canada and/Online (Facebook/Google +, Forums, Blogs and Chat)....

Facebook

  • Type I Diabetes - Connect - Relate - Share: This is an open forum for people who have type 1 diabetes to talk about anything they want!
  • I Hate Diabetes (type I) - Providing a much needed outlet for support for those who share the burden that is type 1 diabetes.
  • Type I Diabetes Memes - The page is to post photos, laugh, and to have a positive outlook on living with Type I Diabetes :) 
  • Managing Diabetes - Find all the resources you need to live well with diabetes.
  • Canadian Diabetic Association - Leads the fight against Diabetes by helping people with diabetes live health lives while they work for a cure.

Forums



Blogs 

  • Six until me. - Diabetes does not define me, but it helps explain me.
  • Path to a Cure - Life with Type 1 Diabetes, medical research and the search for a cure.
  • Scott's Diabetes - "My struggles, my successes, and everything in between."
  • Typical Type 1 - Is there anything new to say about living with Type 1 diabetes? Maybe not, but I'll try anyway.
  • Diabetes Mine - A gold mine of straight talk and encouragement
  • D Blog - You can have a great life not despite diabetes, but because of it  by using it to improve your health
  • SisterTALK Blogs!
  • Arden's Day


Chat

No comments:

Post a Comment